If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact in writing.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We may process your information because:
- We have a contract with you
- You would have given us express permission to do so
- We must have provided services to you after you have purchased something from us
- We must have provided services to you because you have taken one of our offers
- To comply with the law.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Information you provide to us: we collect personal data (including where applicable sensitive personal data) you provide directly to us. This may include the following:
- personal and business information like your full name, date of birth, marital status, name of spouse, date of anniversary, address, contact information, etc.
- identification document and/or address proof that you provide, viz. passport, driving licence, Aadhar card, etc.;
- guest stay information, including where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, services purchased, special requests made, your service preferences, email id, messages received;
- your credit card, mobile payment and other payment details;
- any information necessary to fulfill special requests (for example, leisure, travel and guest preferences
- your reviews, feedback and opinions about hotels, resorts, programmes and services;
- photographs; and
- any other personal data you choose to provide to us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU USE THE SITE:
When you access or use the Services and Site, we automatically collect personal data about you, including:
- Log Information: we may collect system log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site;
- Device Information: we may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (such as, IP address, IMEI number, the address of the device's wireless network interface, or mobile phone number used by the device) and mobile network information;
- Location Information: we may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. You can turn off location services for a device at any time, but this may turn off some useful features;
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: we and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services and Site are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see our Cookies Policy;
- Information We Collect From Other Sources: we may also obtain personal data from our hotels and from our third party service providers, booking agents, travel agents and corporate accounts (such as information relating to the credit of guests) and combine that with information we collect through our Services and Site where we believe that it is necessary to help manage our relationship with you.
SITUATIONS IN WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We need all the categories of information in the list above primarily to allow us to perform our contract with you and to enable us to comply with legal obligations. In some cases, we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own. Some of the purposes for which your personal data may be used are enumerated herein below:
- Administering the contract, we have entered into with you.
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our service (we continually strive to improve our services offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions.
- Making arrangements for the termination of a contract.
- Providing privileges, special offers, benefits and services to you including but not limited to administering contests and processing membership programmes.
- Dealing with audits, legal disputes.
- To prevent fraud;
- To monitor your use of our information and communication systems to ensure compliance with laws of the land;
- To ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to our computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution;
- Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations.
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes or requested for by investigative police or governmental authorities.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data:
- between and among Arosa Vacations Private Limited and a limited number of our associates and affiliates as are relevant for the above purposes and to facilitate the operation of our business, but we shall only do so on a need to know basis;
- with the operator of the hotel or the hub of hotels which you book, stay or visit for the above purposes;
- with third-party service providers, payment processors, and service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or provide services on our behalf or who help us to provide the Services and Site to you;
- with anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organisers ) in order to fulfill contractual obligations;
- with any law enforcement, courts, Government or regulatory bodies (in whatever jurisdiction), or otherwise in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Arosa Vacations Private Limited, our affiliates;
- with our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- with any other party at your consent or at your direction; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The rights you have to request updates or corrections to the information we collect depend on your relationship with us.
You may request to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify any of your personal information that you have previously provided to us through mail email@example.com or object to the use or processing of such personal information by us.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information that you have provided to us.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We do not sell your contact information to other marketers.
OVERSEAS TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be transferred to, and stored at, locations in India and in the location of the hotel in which you stay or visit. It may also be accessed and processed by our personnel and the personnel of our partners, affiliates and third-party service providers, who may operate in or outside India. We may transfer your personal information to servers located outside the country in which you live or to affiliates or other trusted third parties based in other countries so that they may process personal information on our behalf.
When personal data is transferred from the EU to outside the EU, we shall do so as per applicable laws.
- We use the services of third-party service providers to provide certain products and services like credit card billing, reservations services, call centre services, mailing of promotional material, for which it is necessary to provide personal information. These parties are contractually prohibited from using the personal information for any purpose other than those specified by us. We may provide information that is non-personal, to certain service providers for their use on an aggregated basis for the purpose of performing their contractual obligations to us. We expressly prohibit the sale or transfer of any information to any party outside of Arosa Vacations Private Limited by such service providers.
- From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide services and may share your information with our co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor some prize draws. If you enter one of these contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third-party sponsor.
- In the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation or transfer of assets, we may, in our sole and absolute discretion, transfer, sell or assign information collected, including without limitation, non-personal information and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
- We may, with or without prior notice to you, have to share your information in order to comply with applicable laws or respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities or to comply with valid legal process, to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Arosa Vacations Private Limited, its guests, employees or the public or to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain or to respond to an emergency.
- If you use a corporate credit card, your billing information may be shared with your employer.
OTHER NON-PERSONAL OR ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
Information that does not personally identify you is referred to as non-personal or anonymous information.
We may use or disclose non-personal information for any purpose from time to time since this does not personally identify you. For instance, we may embed e-mail addresses with images. In such cases where we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information as per this policy.
LINKS TO WEBSITES OF THIRD-PARTY MARKETERS
From time to time, we may allow third party advertisers advertise on our websites. These third-party advertisers may use technologies like cookies, pixel tags to track which ads your browser has seen and which site pages you may have visited. We have no control over the use of this technology or the resulting information and are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take, and require any third party to take, reasonable precautions, including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and such access is only granted to our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis. However, unfortunately no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the internet. For your own privacy protection, we advise you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you may send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
We cannot guarantee that our Services and Site will function faultless and without any interruptions. We shall not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide service to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries our services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
DATA PRIVACY ISSUES AND WHOM TO CONTACT
You have the right to tell us if you:
- do not wish to be contacted by us henceforth
- would like to withdraw consent to personal data processing
- wish to obtain a copy of your personal information that we hold
- would like us to correct, update or delete your personal information in our records
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information